A Private Note to Our Members
BTFCU is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with BTFCU.
As a member of BTFCU, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information.
- BTFCU will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services – no more.
- BTFCU will protect your personal information. We will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member’s confidentiality.
- You will always have access to your information. As a member of BTFCU, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- BTFCU will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- BTFCU will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members’ economic well being. Under no circumstances will BTFCU authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- BTFCU will offer you a choice in how your information is used. Any member of BTFCU may elect to keep information from being shared with our business partners. We will inform you on how to exercise your choice, and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure your requests are followed. At least once a year, we will remind all members of their right to choose.
- Notices and “Joint Relationships.” Except where expressly required by applicable law, we will provide all notices, including opt-out notifications, to the person (member) listed first on any application, agreement or other relevant document with us. The notice will be mailed to the address noted for said person on the application, agreement or other document. If this person (member) has agreed to receive notices and disclosures electronically, then we can send all such notices and notifications, including but not limited to appropriate opt-out forms, to the e-mail or internet address provided by said person. All joint owners, borrowers and guarantors agree to the receipt and sufficiency of any notice or notification sent according to this paragraph.
- Protecting Our Children: We do not knowingly solicit data from children, and we do not knowingly market to children. We recognize that protecting children’s identities and privacy on-line is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the on-line industry and with parents.
- Links to Third Party Web Sites: Our web site may contain links to third party web sites. We provide these links as a service to you. When you link to a third party web site you leave our web site. We want you to be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other web site. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any web site you access, especially if individual identifying information is being collected. We are not affiliated with or an agent of any third party web site that you link to via our web site.